- Boards & Committees
- Land Stewardship Committee
Land Stewardship Committee
Meetings are typically held on the third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM at Acton Town Hall, Room 9.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available before each meeting.
Minutes are available following approval.
View the Committee Membership List
The Land Stewardship Committee is an advisory committee to the Board of Selectmen, the Conservation Commission and the Natural Resources Director of the Town of Acton. It defines and implements standards of care for the 1700+ acres of public conservation lands owned by the Town and the geographic sites of conservation restrictions, trail easements and similar interests held by the Town (Stewardship Lands).
- Constructs and maintains trails and structures on the Stewardship Lands;
- Monitors conditions on the Stewardship Lands;
- Reports to the appropriate Town official or board evidence of material non-compliance with the Town’s rules, regulations or contractual arrangements that adversely affect Stewardship Lands;
- Increases public awareness of and appreciation for the Stewardship Lands, the benefits of land conservation and the protection of natural habitats and resources;
- Recruits Volunteers to assist with the foregoing;
- Publishes and implements standards of care for the Stewardship Lands.
Subject to available resources, the Committee may also assist the Selectmen, the Natural Resources Director, other Town staff members or groups with projects that are consistent with the Committee’s mission. The Committee may draft and recommend proposed policies for Commission and/or Selectman approval. The Committee conducts its duties in a manner consistent with the Town’s Charter, Bylaws and Board/Committee Handbook.
- Maps, conservation lands, and trails
- Rules and Regulations
- Mission Statement
- ADA Self-Evaluation and Compliance - Open Space and Recreation Facilities
- Open Space and Recreation Plan, 2014-2021
- Acton WildAware Program
- Trail Through Time at Nashoba Brook Conservation Land
- Bay Circuit Trail
- Conservation Commission
- I Hiked Acton Trails Form
- Related sites
- Volunteer Application Form