Phone: (978) 929-6640 | E-mail
Fax: (978) 264-9630
View the Recreation Commission calendar.
Meetings are typically held on the first Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to each meeting.
Minutes are available following approval.
View the Committee Membership List
The Recreation Commission is an advisory committee of the Board of Selectmen that oversees long-range planning for recreational facilities. The Commission maintains close liaison with the Conservation Commission, the Planning Board, and the school's Community Education Department.
Additional duties of the Commission include:
- Familiarizing itself with the existing facilities, the current use, and conditions
- Bringing any development or maintenance problems concerning existing facilities to the attention of the Town Manager and the Board of Selectmen
- Meeting with the Conservation Commission and its staff, the Planning Board and/or Chapter 61A Task Force to evaluate any proposed municipal acquisition of land or easements as to such proposed parcel's potential for active recreational uses
- Bringing any site or portion of a site proposed for municipal acquisition that it considers appropriate for active recreational use to the attention of the Town Manager and the Board of Selectmen
- Keeping abreast of the possibilities for the acquisition of land for active recreational use
- Preparing any recreation-related articles for Town Meeting that are considered appropriate or requested by the Board of Selectmen