472 Main St.
Acton, MA 01720
Phone: (978) 929-6634
Meetings are typically held on the first and third Wednesday of each month at 7:00 PM. Please check the calendar for official meeting postings.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available before each meeting.
Minutes are available following approval.
The Conservation Commission promotes and develops the natural resources and seeks to protect the watershed resources of the Town. Its primary work consists of review of the site plans which are in or within 100 feet of wetlands. The Commission makes a decision on such a development based on compliance with State and local wetland laws.
The Conservation Commission also develops bylaws, rules, and regulations regarding conservation issues for the Town. When necessary, it works in conjunction with other Town boards and neighboring town boards to coordinate efforts that are of a broader or regional nature.
The Commission is also in charge of a conservation and passive outdoor recreation plan consistent with the town Master Plan. When possible, it purchases and manages land for passive recreation and informs the public about these through maps and brochures.
The Commission sponsors the Acton which looks after the 1,650 acres of Acton Conservation Land. ,
- Wetland Filing Fees, Effective April 1, 2018
- Wetland Protection Bylaw
- Wetland Rules and Regulations
- Wetlands Filing Instructions - Notice of Intent
- Wetlands Filing Instructions - Request for Determination
- ADA Self-Evaluation and Compliance - Open Space and Recreation Facilities
- Open Space and Recreation Plan, 2014-2021
- Vernal Pools
- Volunteer Application Form