- Boards & Committees
- Historical Commission
View the Historical Commission Calendar.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to each meeting.
Minutes are available following approval.
View the Historical Commission Membership List
The objective of the Historical Commission is to protect and preserve the Town's cultural character and assets, be they archaeological sites, historic buildings, open spaces, landscapes, or historic districts.
- Maintains the Cultural Resource List of significant structures in Town (The Cultural Resource List is also available at the Memorial Library and is currently being updated.)
- Reviews any development, demolition, or community planning to ensure that preservation concerns are considered via the public hearing process
- Reviews and comments on all proposed subdivisions with regards to (loss of) stone walls, cart paths, old quarries, or other archaeological or historic elements of the landscape
- Visits the property to identify and document culturally significant resources during the review process
The Commission's jurisdiction includes everything outside of the three historic districts in Town. The Commission can serve as a design resource to property owners who are remodeling older properties.
- Cultural Resource List
- Historic Marker Program
- Marker Application
- Chapter N of the General Bylaws of the Town of Acton (begins on page 74)