News Flash Home
The original item was published from 3/28/2020 11:04:37 AM to 4/25/2023 9:06:58 AM.
Acton Town News
Posted on: March 28, 2020
[ARCHIVED] COVID-19 Update March 28, 2020 11:00 AM
A daily update on the Town of Acton's response to the COVID-19 situation
Acton's COVID-19 Information Center
COVID-19 Updates for March 28, 2020 11:00 AM
- There is 1 confirmed case of COVID-19 in Acton.
- The Board of Health reminds all residents that all playgrounds and recreational facilities are closed and residents should not be congregating at these locations. Do your part, as everyone in Acton has a role in helping to contain the spread. We need to limit exposure to all of our residents from this highly contagious virus. Our rail trails and conservation areas remain open but residents are reminded to practice social distancing at all times.
- ActonTV produced an informational video called the "The Epidemic and You" with advice and commentary from local medical professionals. View the video here http://www.actonma.gov/covid19
- The March 27 episode of the Senior Center program called "Java with John" is available online here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMbsY5UyAEk&t=1051s This program has updates on Town of Acton’s response to COVID-19 and important updates from Acton Nursing, Acton Council on Aging, and Acton Memorial Library.
- There is a video published on youtube explaining precautions you might take when bringing groceries and other food into the house. It is posted here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjDuwc9KBps
- Acton’s Annual Town Election has been postponed until June 2, 2020 which is also the new date for the Special State Election. Voters are encouraged to vote by mail through absentee or early voting. For more details go to http://actonma.gov/election
- Board of Selectmen and Board of Health voted to temporarily suspend enforcement of the local plastic bag ban until July 1, 2020.
- The Board of Selectmen approved a temporary emergency policy directive for public employees and public meetings and public hearings for remote participation. This policy is available online at http://www.actonma.gov/covid19
- The Finance Department published COVID-19 related FAQs on its web page: https://www.acton-ma.gov/132/Finance
- The transfer station is operating at normal hours with restrictions in place to implement social distancing practices.
- All town buildings, playgrounds, recreation fields, and the skate park remain closed to the public.
- Many of Acton’s restaurants remain open for takeout and delivery. Visit www.actonrestaurantweek.com for more details.
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet between yourself and others to help decrease the transmission of COVID-19.
- Stay tuned to the Town of Acton’s FM radio station WAEM 94.9 as we are broadcasting public meetings and other current information and programming.
- For the most up to date information of COVID-19 via text messages from state officials text COVIDMA to 888-777
Comprehensive listing of service updates at Acton’s COVID-19 Information Center: http://www.actonma.gov/covid19