The Town Clerk’s office is happy to assist citizens with genealogy research projects. In order to do so, a person must submit the request for the search in writing or by email.
Included within the request should be:
- Name of the party conducting the search
- Name(s) of the person(s) the search is for
- Whether the party wants birth certificates, marriage certificates, death certificates, or any combination of the three
- Approximate dates (Month, Day, Year) for the certificate requested
- Reason for requesting these records
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email
- Your phone
Please enclose a self addressed envelope. Payment must be received before certified copies are sent out.
Copies of certified records are currently $5.00 each. The fee will be raised to $10.00 per copy effective January 1, 2020.