The Office of the Town Clerk is the provider of information and quality services to the community and works cooperatively and in coordination with the varied departments and groups while performing a myriad of tasks to achieve established goals and comply with state and local statutes.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and administering federal, state, and town elections
- Conducting the annual census, preparing the street list of residents, furnishing the jury list to the Office of the Jury Commissioner
- Controlling the issuance of a variety of licenses and permits including marriage licenses, business certificates, and permits for raffles and bazaars
- Administering oath of office to all elected and appointed officials for all committees, commissions, and boards, and ensuring that all elected and appointed officials are informed, in writing, of the Open Meeting Laws and Conflict of Interest Laws
- Providing access to public records in compliance with the State Public Records Law and corresponding regulations