What is the CPA billed on my account?
On November 5, 2002, voters approved the provisions of the Massachusetts General Laws, known as the Community Preservation Act (CPA). The revenue for this fund includes a 1.5% property tax surcharge. The Town also accepted provisions that allow us to exempt up to $100,000 of your residential assessed value for determination of this surcharge. The calculation is determined by multiplying your adjusted CPA valuation (assessed value less the $100,000 exemption) by the surcharge of 1.5%, and then multiplying this amount by the current tax rate.

Please note: You may be eligible for an additional exemption. The Town also accepted provisions that allow low-income individuals of any age and for seniors with up to moderate income a complete CPA exemption. The income criteria is based on the area-wide median household income as determined annually by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. Please call for complete details or for an application for exemption.

For more information on the CPA, please call the Assessors Office at (978) 929- 6621.

Show All Answers

1. What is the CPA billed on my account?
2. What is the Sewer Bet and Sewbet Int. billed on my account?
3. I never received my bill in the mail. Can you forgive the interest and penalties?
4. Where/how can I make payments?
5. Does your office accept cash payments?
6. I want to begin paying all of my Town of Acton bills online through my bank. Do you have any suggestions?
7. How does your office apply partial payments?
8. If I am late paying my bill, what interest rate is charged?
9. How do I obtain calendar year tax information?
10. How do I request a Municipal Lien Certificate?