Posted on: April 8, 2020
COVID-19 Update April 8, 2020 9:30 PM
An update on the Town of Acton's response to the COVID-19 situation
Acton's COVID-19 Information Center
COVID-19 Updates for April 8, 2020 9:30 PM
- The are a total of 24 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Acton that have been reported from the Mass Department of Public Health to the Town of Acton. View more details from Acton Public Health about the reporting of confirmed cases: https://www.acton-ma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/6306/Acton-COVID-Case-Reporting-Info Due to privacy concerns individual details are not provided.
- Temporary parking restrictions are in place on Quarry Road and Ledge Rock way to support enforcement of the Board of Health order to close NARA Park.
- Tax Bill Deadline Extended: The Board of Selectmen voted to extend the current May 1, 2020 due date for 4th Quarter FY2020 tax bills to June 1, 2020. Also, if such tax bills are unpaid after June 1, 2020 all fees and interest shall be waived if the amount due is paid by June 30, 2020.
- The Acton Board of Health ordered the closure of NARA Park for the duration of the declared local state of emergency. View the order here: https://www.actonma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/6317/NARA-Park-Closure-Order-Board-of-Health-4-6-2020
- The CDC published new recommendations regarding wearing masks and face coverings in public. View more information here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html and here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html.
- The Acton Transfer Station has adjusted operating hours and is open Monday through Saturday from 7:00AM to 3:00PM. The first hour starting at 7:00 AM is designated for Seniors. For more information on the Transfer Station and Recycling Center, please call (978) 929-7742.
- The Acton Senior Center’s "Java with John" program will be broadcast live this Friday at 10am on ActonTVs Youtube channel and also on radio 94.9 FM. If you have any questions send them in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the most up to date information of COVID-19 via text messages from state officials text the word "COVIDMA" to the phone number 888-777
- All town buildings, playgrounds, recreation fields, NARA Park, and the skate park remain closed to the public. Town Hall services are still operational. Please call or use the web site to contact staff.
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet between yourself and others to help decrease the transmission of COVID-19.
Comprehensive listing of service updates at Acton’s COVID-19 Information Center: http://www.actonma.gov/covid19