Posted on: April 7, 2020
COVID-19 Update April 7, 2020 9:30 PM
An update on the Town of Acton's response to the COVID-19 situation
Acton's COVID-19 Information Center
COVID-19 Updates for April 7, 2020 9:30 PM
- The are a total of 22 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Acton that have been reported from the Mass Department of Public Health to the Town of Acton. View more details from Acton Public Health about the reporting of confirmed cases: https://www.acton-ma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/6306/Acton-COVID-Case-Reporting-Info Due to privacy concerns individual details are not provided.
- Tax Bill Deadline Extended: The Board of Selectmen voted to extend the current May 1, 2020 due date for 4th Quarter FY2020 tax bills to June 1, 2020. Also, if such tax bills are unpaid after June 1, 2020 all fees and interest shall be waived if the amount due is paid by June 30, 2020.
- The Acton Board of Health ordered the closure of NARA Park for the duration of the declared local state of emergency. View the order here: https://www.actonma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/6317/NARA-Park-Closure-Order-Board-of-Health-4-6-2020
- The Board of Selectmen voted to establish temporary parking restrictions near NARA Park to support the enforcement of the park closure.
- The CDC published new recommendations regarding wearing masks and face coverings in public. View more information here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html and here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html.
- The Acton Transfer Station has adjusted operating hours and is open Monday through Saturday from 7:00AM to 3:00PM. The first hour starting at 7:00 AM is designated for Seniors. For more information on the Transfer Station and Recycling Center, please call (978) 929-7742.
- Several residents and local businesses have donated masks and other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). We are grateful for this generosity. Acton’s Public Safety Facility is ready to serve as a central drop-off point for PPE including home-made masks. Call first 978-929-7711 to coordinate your drop-off. The Public Safety Facility is located at 371 Main Street in Acton. Do not enter the building!
- Many of Acton’s restaurants remain open for takeout and delivery. Visit www.actonrestaurantweek.com for a current list of options.
- The Board of Health ordered all non-essential construction activity to cease immediately in accordance with guidance from the Governor’s office.
- Rail trails and conservation trails remain open but residents are reminded to practice social distancing at all times.
- Stay tuned to the Town of Acton’s FM radio station WAEM 94.9 as we are broadcasting public meetings and other current information and programming.
- The Acton Senior Center’s "Java with John" program will be broadcast live this Friday at 10am on ActonTVs Youtube channel and also on radio 94.9 FM. If you have any questions send them in advance to email@example.com.
- For the most up to date information of COVID-19 via text messages from state officials text the word "COVIDMA" to the phone number 888-777
- All town buildings, playgrounds, recreation fields, NARA Park, and the skate park remain closed to the public. Town Hall services are still operational. Please call or use the web site to contact staff.
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet between yourself and others to help decrease the transmission of COVID-19.
Comprehensive listing of service updates at Acton’s COVID-19 Information Center: http://www.actonma.gov/covid19