Posted on: April 2, 2020
COVID-19 Update April 2, 2020 9:15 PM
A daily update on the Town of Acton's response to the COVID-19 situation
Acton's COVID-19 Information Center
COVID-19 Updates for April 2, 2020 9:15 PM
- The are a total of 6 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Acton that have been reported from the Mass Department of Public Health to the Town of Acton. Due to privacy concerns individual details are not provided.
- The Board of Health is sending a town-wide letter to inform all residents about how to lower their risk of coronavirus infection. A copy of the letter is available at http://www.actonma.gov/covid19
- Many of Acton’s restaurants remain open for takeout and delivery. Visit www.actonrestaurantweek.com for more details.
- The Board of Health reminds all residents that all playgrounds and recreational facilities are closed and residents should not be congregating at these locations. Do your part, as everyone in Acton has a role in helping to contain the spread. We need to limit exposure to all of our residents from this highly contagious virus. Our rail trails and conservation areas remain open but residents are reminded to practice social distancing at all times.
- Increasing awareness of social distancing at our public parks is a priority. We have taken several measures at the direction of the Board of Health to limit public contact with tables and other surfaces at our parks. All picnic tables at NARA Park and all other recreation areas will be removed from service at this time. Available parking at NARA Park will be reduced, with several of the larger lots temporarily closed.
- Watch the latest episode of Java with John Friday at 1pm on ActonTVs youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/actontv1 You may also listen on 94.9 FM WAEM. Special guests to be announced ahead of the show.
- All town buildings, playgrounds, recreation fields, and the skate park remain closed to the public.
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet between yourself and others to help decrease the transmission of COVID-19.
- Stay tuned to the Town of Acton’s FM radio station WAEM 94.9 as we are broadcasting public meetings and other current information and programming.
- For the most up to date information of COVID-19 via text messages from state officials text the word "COVIDMA" to the phone number 888-777
Comprehensive listing of service updates at Acton’s COVID-19 Information Center: http://www.actonma.gov/covid19